HPT 13/43 Truck-Mounted Under-Bridge Access Platform
- Four inboard hydraulic stabilizers
- Self-propelled by hydrostatic drive
- 5-minute, self-erecting in single lane
- Main hydraulic system: 30 kW silenced diesel generator with hydraulic pump
- Auxilliary hydraulic back-up system: Truck engine P.T.O.
- Towers 5° over center swing
- Control panels in platform and deck
- Voice-activated communication system: truck cab, main control panel and platform
- Track drive system
|Dimensions & Weights|
|Platform Length||43 ft (13,106 mm)|
|Platform Width||3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm)|
|Platform Weight Capacity||1,400 lb (635 kg)|
|Vertical Height Clearance||7 ft 2 in (2,184 mm)|
|Max. Lowering Depth||20 ft (6,096 mm)|
|Tower Separation Width||7 ft 8 in (2,337 mm)|
|Unit Length||40 ft (12,192 mm)|
|Unit Width||8 ft 2 in (2,489 mm)|
|Unit Height (transport pos.)||13 ft (3,962 mm)|
|Total Weight (approximate)||44,000 lb (19,958 kg|
|Hydraulic Pressure||2,800 psi|
For additional platform lengths and model range of truck-mounted under-bridge access platforms, contact Terex Hydra Platforms for specifications sheets. Terex Hydra Platforms reserves the right to modify unit specifications to comply with customer requests.
The most versatile under-bridge device for bridge inspections and under-bridge operations.
The Terex® Hydra Platforms truck-mounted model HPT 13/43 is a comprehensively equipped under-bridge access and work platform, mounted on a diesel-powered truck.
- 43 ft (13,106 mm) platform length
- 1,400 lb (635 kg) platform capacity
- 180° platform rotation
- Patented Tower Seperation System, offers unmatched versatility. Exclusively by Hydra Platforms
- Two seperate hydraulic erection systems
- Meets all OSHA/ANSI/SIA safety codes A92.2/1990 + A92.8/1993
- State-of-the-art under-bridge access platform
- Truck specs available upon request
Features and Benefits
For maximum flexibility, the Aspen A-30 can be fitted with either of 2 fully-interchangeable platforms. A 3-person (3'x5') aluminum platform comes standard. This 600 lb. inspection platform comes equipped with an easy entry gate and is attached to the end of the fourth boom, providing a full range of movement and articulation. In the fully articulated position, inspectors can reach an additional 5' (1525mm) vertically, enabling hands-on access. A fiberglass bucket is also available. When the inspection is complete, work can be began using a large 3.5' x 30' (1070mm x 9.4m) maintenance platform that attaches to the end of the second boom. It has a 1,000 lb. (454 kg) capacity and provides a large working space for all types of repair work. It can be extended smoothly using variable hydraulic controls.
The Aspen A-30 is fitted with stabilizing systems, which allow operators the advantage of being able to move the truck while the platform is deployed. Outriggesr are not required. A full-length subframe provides strength and stability. Axle locks unitize the chassis and truck axles. A counterweight at the base of the pedestal rotates with the unit, staying within the width of the chassis. An interlock system tied to the controls maintains operation within the unit's full range of stability. An indicator panel at the pedestal enables operators to constantly monitor boom and turret movements.
Reach, Range and Maneuverability
Four boom pivot points and two points of rotation give the Aspen A-30 an incomparable ability to operate in, around, through and over all types of obstructions. Even in close quarters, the Aspen A-30 can be deployed, reaching across sidewalks and over fences to gain access to Under-Bridge areas. With the 3-person platform installed, operators can reach up and behind deep girders for thorough inspections. Because the vehicle can be moved while the platform is under the bridge, the Aspen A-30 provides even greater range and operating efficiency.
Rail and Highway Bridges / Versatility and Efficiency
The Aspen A-30 can be used on either rail or highway bridges. The unit can be deployed off both sides of the truck, so operators can reach more area without having to reposition the vehicle. For railway bridge inspection and maintenance, the Aspen A-30 offers significant advantages. Its Under-Bridge reach extends the width of double-track bridges and since it is mounted on a short wheelbase chassis, it can be set up quickly on tracks at most road crossings.
Specifications and Standard Equipment
- Automatic leveling platform: 40" x 60" (1016mm x 1524mm), 600lb. (272kg.) capacity w/gate
- 3 sets of controls: one set in the platform, one remote set, one set at the pedestal
- 4 booms (3rd boom telescopes); 2 rotating turrets
- Stability interlocks with monitoring system
- Two power systems: power take-off from engine and back-up power system
- 12-volt intercom system between platform, driver's compartment and pedestal
- Slope indicator alarm
- Platform: 3.5' x 17', 1,000 lb. capacity (1070mm x 5180mm, 454kg)
- Two Stage Platform: 3.5' x 30', 1,000 lb. capacity (1070mm x 9400mm, 454kg)
- Platform heater, lights, 110-volt outlets, air lines hydraulic tool lines, tool trays
- Tool compartments